Kaiser acknowledges its social responsibility in the global production and trade process. That is why Kaiser is a member of BSCI, an international initiative promoting adherence to specific social and environmental standards.
BSCI code of conduct
The BSCI code of conduct is based on the conventions of the International Labor Organization (ILO), the UN Declaration of Human Rights, the conventions of the UN concerning the rights of children and the elimination of all forms of discrimination against women, the UN Global Compact and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
- Obeying laws
- Freedom of assembly and the right to collective bargaining
- Prohibition of discrimination
- Working hours
- Health and safety at work
- Prohibition of child labor
- Prohibition of forced labor and disciplinary measures
- Safety and environmental issues
- Management systems
More detailed information can be found on the website of the initiative: http://www.bsci-intl.org/